We count ourselves unbelievably lucky as we seem to have the most amazing customers on earth. You lot are absolutely great! But although we are used to many wonderful conversations, friendly reviews and great gestures, Richard managed to top it all (although John’s bacon sandwich was pretty epic, I hear).
The other day, coming back from an evening installation of an INNOVV C5 on a Honda VFR1200, Phil struggled through the door with a massive bag filled with cracking home-grown veg! Thank you so much, Richard! We have three passions in our lives, motorcycles, food, and Otto, our security dog. We love fresh veg and it was most welcome! The courgettes and cauliflower have been used up the following day. But what to do with the white cabbage?
As it is summer time and whilst writing this, the temperature outside hovers around a lovely 30 degrees. Which shouts for BBQs, not winter one-pots. So, here’s what the cabbage has been used up with, a Mexican coleslaw. It was amazing, and it perfectly complemented our smoked baby rack of ribs. It was that good that I thought I’ll share this great recipe with you all. If you fancy a spicy, new take on coleslaw, here it is.
Mexican Coleslaw for 6 (or many more…)
First things first, this is the most easy recipe ever, and you can even prepare it the day before. That way it can soak up the flavours for a bit longer. The recipe is for 6 people if it should really only be a side salad. If you love coleslaw, I’d double the recipe. It is great the next day too, and we had the 6 people portion over 2 days (greedy, I know). Altogether it doesn’t take longer than 15-20min to cut the veg and mix it all up. Finally, don’t hang on the measurements, to be honest, I took the measures that I thought looked right, worked well too.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tbs lime juice & a little zest
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic oil (or use fresh garlic and olive oil)
- ½ bunch coriander
- 350g cabbage, white and red mixed
- 1 ¼ cup fennel bulb (or radish, if you don’t like fennel)
- 2 large carrot
- ¼ bunch green spring onions
4 easy steps to prepare this coleslaw:
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, zest, chilli and garlic oil in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine, add salt and pepper. Cover and chill for an hour (or longer…)
- You can keep the salad for up to two days in the fridge. Job done!
- Enjoy and let us know whether you liked it!
Have a great summer everybody and stay safe!!
PS for Richard: Thanks for the pumpkin too, spicy curry on the weekend 🙂