This page and the documents expressly referred to in it details the information about us and the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which we sell any of the products (Products) listed on our website (our site) to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
By ordering Products through our site, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms. You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
These Terms can and will be updated from time to time, every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
Information About Us
- We operate the website moto-mate.com with our office at Doddington Road, Benwick, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0UT. To contact us, please see our Contact Us page moto-mate.com/contact.
- The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site have a 5% tolerance.
- The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- All Products shown on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available and we will not process your order if made.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- You may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
How the Contract is Formed Between You and Us
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
Our Right to Vary these Terms
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- Changes in how we accept payment from you;
- Changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- Where it is reasonably necessary, we may change the courier/postal service selected by you for delivering the Products to a different courier/postal service if they deliver a materially similar service to the one selected by you.
- Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
Your Right of Return and Refund
- Moto-mate aims to always deliver the highest quality of goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion however, Goods supplied by us may need to be returned and such returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions. As a consumer, you will always have legal rights in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described.
- The Goods we supply to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee (for details, please refer to the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Goods). If any Goods we supply to you develop faults within their guarantee period, you are entitled to a repair or replacement of such Goods under the terms of that guarantee.
- If you receive Goods that you have purchased from us which do not match those that you ordered and you do not wish to accept those Goods, we will either replace those Goods with those ordered (if available) or refund to you the price that you paid for those Goods through the payment method used by you when purchasing those Goods.
- If any Goods you have purchased from us are faulty and you do not wish to accept those Goods, we will either repair those defective Goods, replace them (if replacements are available), or otherwise refund to you the price that you paid for those defective Goods through the payment method used by you when purchasing those Goods.
- Any replacement or refund of Goods under are subject to you:
- Informing us promptly on discovery that the relevant Goods are mis-described or faulty;
- Giving us reasonable opportunity to examine those Goods; and returning those Goods and all packaging and documentation supplied with them.
- We will not be liable for any fault in any Goods to the extent permitted by law where that fault is the result of:
- Fair wear and tear arising from the use of the Goods or wilful damage to the Goods after delivery of them to you or for any damage caused by your negligence;
- Your failure to comply with our or the Goods’ manufacturer’s reasonable instructions supplied or included with the Goods as to storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance; or
- You repairing or altering the Goods without our prior written consent,
- Or if you use those Goods having notified us of the fault in them.
- It is your responsibility to check that the Goods that you receive from us are:
- The item(s) that you ordered; and
- That there is no obvious fault with the Goods,
- We are not responsible for any costs incurred by you in respect of any fitment or incorporation of any Goods into anything after delivery of them to you should you fail to fulfil your obligations under this clause in respect of those Goods.
- In addition to your rights if you are unhappy with any Goods that you have purchased from us for any reason or you change your mind, you may return them to us at your own cost within 14 calendar days of delivery of them to you. We will then refund to you the price you paid for those Goods or, if you request, offer to exchange those Goods.
- We reserve the right to exercise discretion with respect to any return of Goods and may refuse to accept returns or, if we elect, reduce the price that we refund to you under that clause where:
- The Goods have been damaged or become worn after delivery of them to you;
- You have incorporated or fitted the Goods into any other item;
- Those Goods consist of audio or video recordings or computer software supplied in sealed packaging and the packaging for those Goods have been opened on or after delivery of them to you;
- Those Goods have been purchased at a discounted price to take into account any damage to, or lack of quality of, those Goods;
- You have used those Goods for business or commercial purposes without our prior written consent;
- You make alterations or repairs to those Goods without our written consent; or
- We believe that you are trying to abuse our system for returning Goods,
- Nothing in this clause shall limit your legal rights in relation to any Goods provided to you that are faulty or not as described.
- Where the return of Goods by you is made:
- We reserve the right to charge you the costs incurred by us in relation to the delivery of the Goods to you and return of those Goods to us; and
- The Goods were purchased by you using finance, we reserve the right to either:
- Charge the costs incurred by us in respect of the arrangement and administration of that finance. These costs will vary depending on the amount and length of the finance arrangement; or
- Instead of issuing a refund, issue you with a store credit for the value of the Goods being returned, such credit to be used within 12 months of this credit being issued to you.
- If you wish to return any Goods to us for any reason please contact us via https://www.moto-mate/returnsto make the appropriate arrangements.
- Under The Consumer Regulations 2013 you have the right to cancel your order as long as you do so no later than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or service. However, this right to cancel your order does not apply to Goods which are:
- Made-to-measure or custom-made or otherwise made to your specification or clearly personalised;
- Software, DVDs or CDs which have a security seal which you have opened or unsealed.
- Following cancelling an order we shall reimburse you any sums that you paid for the Goods in question as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us written notice of cancellation, less our reasonable costs of recovering the Goods if you fail to pay the costs of returning those Goods to us and subject to you taking reasonable care of the Goods until they are returned to us. If you cancel an order for Goods which we have already processed for delivery, you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you.
- If you have cancelled your order and the Goods were delivered to you:
- You must return the relevant Goods to us as soon as reasonably practicable. If the Goods require collection, we will collect them from the address to which they were delivered. We will contact you to arrange a suitable time for collection;
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to us or, where relevant, the cost of us collecting the Goods from you; and
- You have a legal obligation to keep the Goods in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Goods until returned to or collected by us.
- Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery, the courier/postal service should normally leave you a note that they have attempted to deliver the Products. It is your responsibility to re-arrange delivery or otherwise collect the Products from the relevant courier/postal service.
- The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
- You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- We can deliver Products to countries outside of the United Kingdom (International Delivery Destinations). However, there are sometimes restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations and it is your responsibility to check what restrictions may apply before ordering any Products. We do not accept any responsibility for any such restrictions that may apply to the Products that you have ordered.
- If you order Products from our site for delivery to an International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
Price of Products and Delivery Charges
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with an Order Confirmation.
- The price of a Product does not include delivery charges unless otherwise stated on our site. Our delivery charges are as quoted when placing your order.
- Our site contains many Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered, we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a miss-pricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
How to Pay
- You can only pay for Products using a debit card, credit card or Paypal. We accept the following cards: Visa, Mastercard and Maestro.
Our Liability to You
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for any failure or fault in any Products arising because of you adapting or modifying such Products in any way.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- Any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below:
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
Communication Between Us
- When we refer, in these Terms, to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
- To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so you must contact us through https://www.moto-mate/contact or by sending a letter to Returns Department, moto-mate, 29C Doddington road, Benwick, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0UT. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you sent us the e-mail or posted the letter to us.
- If we must contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail to the address you provide to us in your order.
Other Important Terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you by posting on this webpage if this happens.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- We will not file a copy of the Contract between us.
T&Cs for prize draws
- Our prize draws and competitions are organised by Moto-Mate Ltd., PE15 0UT Benwick, Cambridgeshire, UK.
How to enter
- Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted. For ABR 2024 prize draw, the closing date will be the end of the show day on 12th Oct 2024.
- Our prize draws and competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- We will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- We reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of Moto-Mate Ltd., their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Moto-Mate Ltd. may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
- We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within one month of the prize draw or competition ending.
- The winner will receive details of the prize.
- The winner will be notified by their social media channel, email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Moto-Mate within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Moto-Mate will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to us.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. We reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Moto-Mate’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of Moto-Mate regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Moto-Mate reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Moto-Mate, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Moto-Mate, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Moto-Mate or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Moto-Mate reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.